Monday, July 25, 2011

week 11

Well, the word is out! It's so funny how facebook makes any message spread like wildfire... I'm really glad we took the time to tell a lot of our people personally before they read it on facebook. There were a few people we didn't get to in time (thanks to a few over-zealous aunts), but everyone is super understanding.

I think the painting is finally finished (near me, at least) in my office, so I'm resuming a normal schedule! Oh, and my Internet was down all last week so that made for even more work-from-home time, which was nice. I am glad to be back on a normal schedule so I can pick up the productivity a bit.

Now that our house is on the market, we're focusing on that full-swing. We're going to need to buy a new car in the next few months too (this one isn't very baby friendly), but we're just taking things one at a time.

J/K on the paint being finished... apparently they are going to torture me by painting trim and doors until February when I have this child. 

I am a hormonal disaster. Blair shared baby Magnolia's birth story and I sobbed. Like, ugly cried. Then, at dinner I cried telling David about it. Then, I cried thinking about John and Patty Bryant holding our baby. Not to mention, I have been totally, irrationally moody. Poor David. This is my public apology to my husband. You are wonderful, and I totally don't deserve your grace.


Ok, the last two look like an alien (like, a real alien), but the first one is a BABY!!! You can see it's sweet little face with his/her hand right there. This was my first abdominal ultrasound (and my 4th overall), and I was concerned they wouldn't be able to see the baby since I'm not showing yet... wrong! There it was! It (so weird to call it an "it"... I totally think it's a girl) was facing out, so we saw it like in the last 2 pictures for a while, then all of a sudden she started doing gymnastics (my kid, for sure!)! All you mamas can go ahead and laugh at me, but I was freaking. out. Laughing, crying, shrieking. Dr. B was laughing with me because I was enjoying it so much! I kept saying to David "Did you see that?!? Did you see THAT??" It is such a miracle that a tiny little 2.5" creature is already such a complete human inside of me, but you can't see it or really tell it is here yet. 

So many thoughts flood through my mind as I look at these images... more than anything, thank you, Jesus for this baby. 

1 comment:

Kirby Lynn said...

This makes ME giddy! So happy for you guys! Congratulations!