Thursday, July 21, 2011

first baby project

I saw this adorable countdown shirt a while back, and I knew I wanted to make one to document my pregnancy. I started according to her directions (minus buying a $32 shirt... mine was $10 at Tarjay), but when it got to tracing every single number AND then cutting them out I called it quits. I loved a good freezer paper stencil, but that was a little excessive so I figured out a different (easier) way to accomplish the same result. I drew a grid on my shirt using a washable fabric marker, and then traced the printed letters using a small paintbrush and the fabric paint. Sidenote: best way to do freezer paper stencils or other fabric painting? Use your regular acrylic paint (I have tons of this stuff), and buy some fabric paint medium to add to it. Then you don't have to buy expensive fabric paint in every color you want! It mostly worked like a charm! My shirt is by no means professional looking, and I did bump it one time and mess up a few numbers, but overall I am very pleased!


I've been taking week-by-week pictures (though, it's pretty unnecessary at this point... nothing has really changed) that I'll update soon!

1 comment:

Anna said...

Such a cute idea!!!!