Saturday, June 25, 2011

summer toy

A few weeks ago, on a Tuesday morning, David sent me an email with an attachment saying "want one?". I didn't look at the attachment, but I assumed it must be some free t-shirts or something so I replied "sure!".

It wasn't a free t-shirt...


VW offers their employees lease specials on a regular basis. It's always a good deal, especially since they cover the license, registration and insurance. We've never needed a car, so we haven't bothered with the program. However, this was a special lease offer. Only once a year do Audi's become available and they always go quickly. In this case they notified the employees first thing in the morning, they were available at 11am and by 11:15 all of the cars were reserved.

I'm so not a car person, but David IS! I haven't seen him this excited about something in a long time, and it's been so fun for him to treat himself. He is super frugal and an awesome saver (thank you, Jesus!!), and he totally deserves this splurge. We have the car technically for one year, but I doubt we'll keep it that long. It probably won't be much fun to have a convertible in the winter, so we'll likely turn it in before it gets too cold.

In the meantime, we're taking advantage of the opportunity to sell our Trailblazer and upgrade to something that can last us the next 5+ years (I have to admit...I'll be sad to see it go).

Oh, and just days after David ordered the Audi, this was my fortune cookie fortune:

"Something on 4 wheels will soon be a fun investment for you!"

Post Script- I wrote this a few weeks ago and just forgot to post it. In the mean time, we've sold the trailblazer! It only took 2 days on Craigslist!

1 comment:

Anna said...

SOOOO JEALOUS!!!!!