Tuesday, June 14, 2011

splish, splash

We had a super fun weekend. I mean, most weekends are good because they are weekends, but we just kept saying "man, it's been such a good weekend" this time.

After early morning productivity (D- grocery shopping, me- yard sale-ing), we spent Saturday lounging at the lake, and it doesn't get much better than that. We were in the water most of the time because it is so blasted hot, but floating in the water is a pretty nice place to be on a Saturday afternoon. That night we served in the children's ministry at church, but in a new-to-us capacity. Usually we're assigned to a classroom, but we were asked to become supervisors (I guess there aren't many couples who serve together to do this job) and WE LOVED IT. Seriously, this is so our niche. David rocked it, as usual. I loooooved watching him as such a good leader but I also caught him loving on kids too. Perfect combo.

Sunday was awesome. We were pumped about sleeping in, but that didn't happen. It never does. We were up at 6:30 and by 8am had done 3 loads of laundry (me) and detailed both cars (D). We really spent the morning being uuber productive, so we rewarded ourselves with a mid-morning nap/dvr catch up time. David's soccer team played at 3, and despite the scorching heat and lack of subs they won! I love it when he has these teams, because I so enjoy my time on the sidelines with the wives. It's wild that the last time these guys played together there were zero babies in the mix. Now, just about everyone on the team has one! It makes the sidelines a really cute place to be!

After soccer we hung out with the Rochas, Linhosses and Sarah eating dinner and relaxing in the pool. Proof:








Man, our friends have super cute and hilarious (see, Kate above) kids! We have so much fun with them.

PS- TODAY is Max's FIRST BIRTHDAY!! Happy Birthday, little guy! We're so happy you were born!

1 comment:

Becca Rocha said...

bahahaha. Oh Kate. My little redneck.