Monday, September 20, 2010

weekend report

We spent lots of time spent with the Bryants this weekend (and have no pictures to show for it...). David took the day off work Friday to go to parent's day at Baylor with John and Patrick! He had so much fun, and one of John's friends actually thought David was his dad! Bahaha! The boys spent the afternoon playing golf, then we watched Hayden's soccer game, and the boys came back to our house to hang out for the rest of the evening.

Saturday I spent the entire day at my Junior League provisional retreat. I was kind of dreading it simply because it was supposed to last from 9am to 8pm! It turned out to be a really fun day, and I got to know some sweet new girls! We spent the morning at the Ruby Falls ZIPstream (combo ropes course/zip line) which was super fun, and the rest of the day we learned more about JL and got to know each other. The afternoon culminated in a cross town game of Amazing Race (geared around JL projects and initiatives) including:

A Hamilton County school, the Coolidge carousel, the Chattanoogan, Sam Hudson (a JL sustainer), the Bargain Mart, a Hamilton County teacher (at Big Lots), doing "smart moves" at Mojo Burrito, at the JLC house and "JLC"on the walking bridge
what is my wrist doing? why can't I make a "C"??

I had a blast, but was definitely ready to turn in early after such a long, fun day!

Sunday was great. Church, lunch at the club with the Bryants, a low-key afternoon of reading (me)/napping (David & Harley), a visit to the new Red Bank dog park (!!) and an afternoon/evening with our long-lost besties (the Rochas were out of town for like 10 days... you guys aren't allowed to do that again, you know?).

...And this didn't happen over the weekend, but I took pictures of it so I have to post it on the blog...
David's VW soccer team (the Greginators... haha) came in 2nd place in the league tournament Tuesday night! I have loved him being on this team. He loves playing soccer and I love watching him play slash talking with all the other wives. They only won 2 regular season games, but Tuesday night they played 3 in a row and made it to the championship! So fun!
Mike, Eric, Jamie, Ingo, Eric

Jan, Greg, David, Markeith

Saskia, me, Wendi, Jodi
missing Andrea






1 comment:

Becca Rocha said...

haha, I can't make any promises. Y'all need to come to Chicago with us:)