Wednesday, June 8, 2011

one proud wifey

This is going to be braggey, so if you don't want to read about how awesome my husband is, feel free to skip ahead.

I mentioned that we toured the VW plant Saturday with the Bryants (and about 10,000 of our closest friends). I didn't mention that David gave us the tour. So I knew that he goes to work every day, works hard and comes home worn out. I had no idea how much he does and how good he is at his job.

David is the person from finance who has his hand in every area of the plant. As one of the first 100 employees at VW Chattanooga, and the very first one in finance, he has literally helped build the entire 2 million square foot facility. He controls the $1.3 billion capital investments budget, which sounds really impressive, right? I've thought so all along, but to SEE that $1.3B in robots and machinery and buildings is pretty outstanding. We could have spent days walking through the plant and learning from David about all the processes of manufacturing the new Passat. The crazy thing is that he is not an engineer. He didn't know anything about making cars two years ago. But now? He can tell you in intricate, technical detail about every aspect that goes into these cars. He is so smart.

I am so proud to be your wife, David. I am so thankful that you get to work early, work through lunch and come home at a reasonable hour- every single night. You show me every day that you choose me, and I take that for granted.

No comments: