Thursday, December 31, 2009

2009 year in review

I'm a list person.
If I don't put every single thing that needs to get done on a list, it won't happen.
So, I'm once again posting my new years goals to hold me accountable to all of you and to record them for future reference.

But first, let's rewind to last year's goals, and see how we did...

2009 Goals
  • Be healthier. (running, eating less junk, taking vitamins... baby steps, ok?)
    • I take vitamins! Folic acid (because I'm in my "baby bearing years"), omega 3 fish oil (mostly for my "brain and mood", and because my mom suggested it) and a women's multi vitamin.
  • Explore Chattanooga.
    • How do you quantify this?? I feel like we know our way around better (cough:David:cough) and have learned more about our city.
  • Get involved at Calvary.
    • We're involved! We've been volunteering in the children's ministry, we did an 8-week book study, and we're scheduled to start a small group.
  • Send birthday cards.
    • Fail.
  • Make pretty things.
    • I made this! It was a lot of work, and I'm really proud of the result.
  • Keep in touch.
    • Mostly failed on this one too.
  • Get a new camera.
    • Got this camera on a crazy good deal (thanks, slickdeals.org).
  • Talk less, listen more, love and forgive like Jesus.
    • A work in progress, always.
    • (I did, however, go through a counseling program at a local church. Counseling is awesome! No shame!)
The other goals (that weren't posted on the blog) included:
  • Take a trip to Nashville.
    • Fail.
  • D- be more than halfway done with grad school
    • PASS!
  • Each of us read 12 books
    • PASS! (and a whole blog post to come)
  • E- Cook 12 new meals
    • PASS!
And now, goals for 2010 (I still can't believe we're almost in 2010...)
  • TRAVEL. We have 6 fun trips planned for this year (including our trip to Vegas- that we just got back from- it's not in 2010, but it's close so we're counting it)!!
  • FURNITURE. Refinish all of the furniture in our guest room (we've already done the nightstand).
  • E- SLALOM. Learn to slalom ski.
  • D- GRADUATE. August 8, 2010 at 2pm.
  • GET FIT. Join UTC's new Aquatic and Recreation Center. It's cheap for me and free for David.
  • READ. D= 4 entire books (no pictures!), E= more than 2009 (!)
  • GUESTS. Have 20 overnight house guests (D's idea. He loves guests as much as me.)
2010... bring it on!

    1 comment:

    Sara said...

    I am reading your blog now, after I had written my 2010 entry... I see we both ended it the same. Great minds think alike. You can count in your 20 overnight guests. I think I will wait until it's boat season though :)