Monday, December 14, 2009

12 days of Christmas: 12

Beginning today, I am going to count down the beloved "12 days of Christmas" with 12 of my favorite things about Christmas!

PS- I learned the real history of the 12 days of Christmas from 2 friends blogs last week! Check them out here and here.

12. matching clothes




One of the Bourke family traditions has always been our Christmas pajamas. We grew up going to my paternal grandparents' house, and I suppose they began the tradition. All the grandkids would get to open one present on Christmas Eve- our matching nightgowns or pjs (some years we even got matching robes too!), and we'd line up on the stairs for a picture (that I wish I had...). SO, even though we are now 24, 22 and 18, my parents have carried on the pj tradition.



ALSO, my sister and I (like most kids our age) were always all decked out in matching, homemade apparel. Christmas-time seemed to be a prime opportunity for some awesome outfits. We had new painted sweatshirts just about every year!

No comments: