Tuesday, December 15, 2009

12 days of Christmas: 11


11. Christmas Eve Service at Pierce Chapel

One of my favorite things about celebrating Christmas in Columbus is going to the Christmas Eve service at Pierce Chapel. We debate every year about if we should go to the 5 or 7pm service, but we usually go to the 5. Last year we all had the giggles and snickered our way through all of the reverent hymns, but it is so fun to be together. I still get to giddy about Christmas, and that service is the first official event of the holiday for me. We take family pictures in front of the Chrismon tree after we exit the service in "silence" (candles held high in the air, singing Silent Night and playing defense from my siblings who are trying to drip hot wax on each other [ok, I still do it too]).


Amy Grace slept through the whole service and started snoring! It was hillarious.








No comments: