Monday, December 7, 2009

so many great things!

prepare yourself... this is going to be a long one!

We woke up Saturday morning to a winter wonderland!
I freaked out couldn't wait to get in it, but my midwestern-born husband was less than amused.


(yeah, we are early birds... it was still dark outside when we got up)


beautiful snow!

Saturday morning we [David] drove to Birmingham for the day! We were SO excited that it worked out for us to go to John Lewis' birthday party! We hadn't seen the Barbers since our wedding (remember, the cutest ring bearers ever?)


and it was so refreshing to spend some time with them. These boys are growing like weeds!
John Lewis has always had a heart for the Lord and for other people. One time while I was babysitting for them, Lawson (the middle child) was in trouble for something, but JL asked me "Do you know the story of Jonah?". I was a little taken aback, but I replied that I did know the story. He proceeded with "I think you should forgive Lawson and give him another chance, just like God forgave Jonah."

...crickets...

How could I NOT??
So, for his birthday party (his birthday was actually in August), John Lewis decided he didn't want any presents, but he wanted people to give money to a little boy named Excellence in Cork, Africa. Mindy (the mom) went on a mission trip to Cork earlier this year and met this little boy who needs money to buy his school uniform so he can get food at school. John Lewis sincerely wanted other people to help Excellence instead of buy him any presents. Wow. I just pray that David and I can be parents like Mindy and Joel who raise their kids to be so kingdom-minded! It was such a blessing to babysit them while I was in college (especially since their mom, Mindy babysat for my family as I was growing up!).

It was impossible to take a picture with Fischer (who isn't so much of a baby anymore...).


Lawson

John Lewis (oh, and now Fischer wants to be in a picture!)
Love these boys!
We also got to hang out with Ash, though definitely not for long enough! And later Saturday, we headed to the main event- the purpose for our trip to B'ham was for Matt Francisco and Erin Eades' beautiful wedding! Lucky for us, their wedding was the perfect opportunity for a reunion of many wonderful people. It was so great to see and catch up with so many sweet friends from college. It was particularly special because Kristen had just gotten back from 2 years in Ethiopia last week, and I hadn't seen her since she left! Jenn also just got back from Uganda, so we genuinely had a reunion!





my beautiful friends- and Currie Way housemates (we missed you, Brit!!).


all of us, spring of 2007

David, again, drove us home

proof
to Chatty Saturday night! We wanted to be sure we'd be home, so I could go see the Jenkins girls in the Nutcracker!! Laney was a soldier and Ellie was an angel and bonbon child, and they were positively the cutest kids ever. I told David it is worth every minute of watching them perform, just to see their excited little faces after the show! I say it all of the time, but I LOVE these girls and this family.





Living in Chattanooga has lots of perks, but one of the biggest is being a part of these little lives.

David spent his free time this weekend (when he wasn't driving...) working on a paper, a presentation and studying for a final. Tomorrow he'll be done with another semester of grad school, and enjoying nearly a month off! He is getting so close to being done- he can taste it (so can I)! I am so proud of him for pushing through and getting it done as quickly as possible, especially while working more than full time.
You're the best, babe.

And now, the countdown begins:
17 days until Columbus
18 days until Christmas
20 days until Vegas

1 comment:

Claire said...

Y'all are like the busiest people I have ever known!!!