Sunday, December 20, 2009

12 days of Christmas: 7

7. Presents
Of course, Christmas is about a lot more than what you get,  but come on... it is a fun part!

I have lots of memories of Christmas gifts from over the years, but here are a few that stick out:

I had been eyeing a Winnie the Pooh watch all year and really hoped to get it for Christmas. However, Christmas day came and... ASHLEY got my watch! I was so upset...

Another year, I desperately wanted a California roller skating doll (I found one on ebay!), and low and behold... Ashley got it again. Oh well.

Parents are always hard to shop for, but in 2006 we were on the ball. Ashley, Greg and I had pictures done all together so we could order them for mom & dad for Christmas. We gave them the first part of their gift at Thanksgiving-their Christmas cards printed and ready to mail! They thought that was the whole surprise, but we gave them 2 canvas prints for Christmas, and they were shocked!



It's always fun to find that perfect gift to give the hard-to-shop-for recipient. I'll give a full run-down of gifts from 2009 post-Christmas! I made several gifts this year, and I am so excited about them!

1 comment:

PSIrwin said...

oooo...I know about some of the handmade gifts and I am so excited to hear how they went too! Can't wait to see them finished!