Tuesday, September 20, 2011

weeks 18 & 19

Week 18

Week 19
I guess you can tell I spent most of the day in bed today... yikes!


Emotions: Overwhelmed. In every sense of the word. I've hashed this one out with friends recently, so I'm reluctant to go in depth again... Let's suffice it to say that I am so thankful for the grace of God that sustains me.

I had a conversation with my boss where she lovingly admonished me to chill out. I'm struggling with wanting to do it all (carry stuff, run up and down the stairs, etc.) and be totally competent and not look like a wussy. I don't want to be whiny or for anyone to think I'm slacking on my job because I'm pregnant, so I think I'm erring on the opposite side of productivity.

Granted, the past few weeks have been nutty. After our trip to Ohio this weekend, we'll be pretty chill for a while, and it will be good.

Oh, and I'm irritable like whoa.

Movement: Yes! I first felt him kick (I think that's what it was...) on September 12 while waiting at Abra Auto Body (no, I did not run into a pole at the bank drive through... nope.). I was waiting for the "flutter" feeling everyone talks about, but it felt more like a "thump, thump, thump" to me. I've been feeling whatever this feeling is a whole bunch lately... pretty much every day! It's usually when I'm sitting up and totally still (like at the movie theater yesterday) or laying on my back (like this morning at 5am when I woke up randomly and definitely couldn't fall back asleep since I could feel him so much!). At my last doctor's appointment he was feet down, and it definitely still feels that way. All the movement I feel is super low, but this morning I felt some crazy movement that may have been him flipping around. We'll see!

Growth: Definitely. I'm rocking out a pair of black maternity capris I snagged for $12 at Old Navy as much as humanly possible. They are the bomb. I've gained about 5 pounds so far, and I feel good with that. I know I won't feel this way for long, but I'm anxious to look obviously pregnant. Depending on what I'm wearing, you can't tell at all (well, I can tell...). Several nursing professors told me today that I looked like I had lost weight! I would normally be pleased to hear that, but it's super counter-productive at this point (oh, and definitely not the case).

Cravings: Cold fruit. Wine (don't worry, I'm not partaking... it is on my list to ask the doctor about though...). Carbs.

Miscellaneous: Itchy stomach!

We go back to the doctor on Monday for my 20 week check up! I'll be halfway, and I can't wait! This is the first time I've gone 4 weeks in between visits (I went every 2 weeks for the first several months), and it seems like forever... We can't wait to see our boy!

2 comments:

PSIrwin said...

i think people ask you if you've lost weight when they are scared to ask you if you have gained weight cause they want you to feel better instead of offending you. at least, that is my theory. you should just wear a shirt that says "yes...i'm baking a bun" all the time. either way, you look great!! :)

Anonymous said...

Have some wine every now and then...it's not going to do anything harmful unless you go crazy with it, which I'm doubtful you will :) And, yeah, I read your blog from time to time and I've never commented until now. Sorry...
Super excited for you and David! Get ready for a wild ride!
Allison Pettit