Monday, September 12, 2011

all grown up

I am oh-so-behind on blog posts, so forgive me if they come fast and furious over the next few days...

A cough... few... cough weeks ago I hurried up the mountain after work to watch Laney at her first football game! She is on the JV dance team at Signal Mountain Middle School, and oh. my. word.


I seriously died watching. I laughed. I cried. I kept hitting Shelby saying "Did you see that? Oh, she's so good! Look how happy she is!" and being all-around annoying, I'm sure. She was the most precious thing I have ever seen. Ever. So grown up and mature and... coordinated!

Now, a few observations:
  • How the heck is Laney old enough for this kind of activity? Isn't she still, like, 5?
  • Make up, zebra print uniforms, coordinated feathers... holy moly
  • Out of all the Jenkins girls' activities I've seen over the years (swim team, cross country, dance recitals, etc.) dance team is BY FAR the most entertaining one yet.
  • If she ever has a boyfriend, I swear I will kill him. Mark, I'm sure you'll beat me to it, but I'll tag team with you.
  • I kept catching myself saying "Whoa, he caught the ball! Whoa, he blocked that guy!" and being all-around impressed that those tiny little boys (seriously, they were tiiiiny) actually played a real game of football. How do they know how to do all that stuff?
  • I am so thankful this baby is a boy. I would not know how to handle all that craziness! Granted, the football playing may have been just as overwhelming as the dance team, so who knows what we're in for!

No comments: