Wednesday, September 28, 2011

week 20

HALF WAY THERE!!




I know, the second half will go by much slower (considering the first four weeks of this 20-week stretch are basically unaccounted for), but with all the holidays and travel and showers and nursery coordinating going on, I am sure we'll be plenty occupied.

We saw Dr. Brody (Best of the Best! Again!) for my 20-week check up yesterday, and it was so fun. It's so hard going four weeks in between seeing this little guy! I realize now how spoiled I was to get to go every two weeks for the beginning of this pregnancy. Not to mention, I'm still spoiled since we get to SEE him at every single visit! Seriously, Dr. Brody is the best.

Anyway, Crawford is doing just wonderfully. His heartbeat is good and strong, and he looked just like he is supposed to at 20 weeks. He is still in the breech position (feet down), but I already knew that because I can feel this little boy kicking like crazy. All the movement I feel is reealllly low on my abdomen, and he's a busy little bee these days. David loves hearing about how much he's kicking because he's sure it means he'll be a soccer player like his daddy :). I keep trying to catch a chance for David to feel the kicks, though I know it's too early for that. I thought he could still flip flop around in there, but Dr. B said he's pretty much stationary in his feet-down position. Granted, it's no concern at this point because he has plenty of time to turn over before February gets here.

We started talking about pediatricians, birthing classes and delivery preferences, and it's wild to me that we're already far enough along in this process to do that stuff!

I've gained 7 pounds, and I'm loving all of Beth's maternity stuff. Apparently I still don't "look pregnant" depending on what I wear (which is hard to imagine from that last picture above!), but I'm sure before long that will switch to people asking if it's multiples... People just have to say something (which is annoying... don't be one of those people!).

2 comments:

Anna said...

Woohooo! Take a breastfeeding class. I SOOOO wish I had!!!

Jamie said...

Ahhhhh! CRAZY! You have a belly!