Tuesday, September 6, 2011

week 17


Compared to my 16-week belly, I feel like I'm smaller now than I was then. It's weird how some mornings I wake up with no signs of being pregnant. I'm trying to remind myself to enjoy it while it lasts, but I'm definitely ready to look obviously pregnant (not like I just ate a big meal). I'm still wearing all my normal clothes sans belly band and I'm still about +2-3 lbs. Sleeping is weird. I've been a belly sleeper my whole life, so I'm beginning to adjust to a new way. I'm not good at sleeping on my side yet, so I wake up a lot throughout the night. Fortunately, I'm not having to get up to pee anymore, so I can usually fall back asleep pretty easily.

The good news... I'm feeling human again! I haven't thrown up in about a week, and it's awesome. I forgot how wonderful it is to not be sick- I totally appreciate it now!

I forgot to mention... my sister gave me THE BEST pants for my birthday. I'm wearing them in my 16 week picture, and I rarely take them off (at home). I would love to finagle a way to wear them to work, and I would really never take them off then... They are going to be the bomb to have from now until... forever. I will wear them forever.

Sorry for the bare belly pics each week... I definitely didn't think I'd be the kind of person to take those, but at least for now, I don't think you can really see my bump when it's covered up. And admittedly, I walk around the house with my shirt pulled up all the time because it's so cool to see the changes. Weird, I know.

You can't tell in this picture (because my shirt is pulled up... geez!) but with 16 weeks completed, I'm 2/5ths of the way through this pregnancy! Ha! Not a normal milestone, but one this fun little shirt will help me celebrate :)

Just so I remember later... things I'm craving: fruit (strawberries, bananas, grapes, apples), ice cold water (cup FULL of ice with water poured on top, refil the water after every swig) and biscuits (individually frozen buttermilk Grands have saved the day)


No comments: