Wednesday, January 27, 2010

swapping... and sweet friends

I participated in Blair's favorite things swap! I was a little behind and just mailed my package Monday (ok, my sweet husband did it for me), but it really was a lot of fun.

The names were randomly paired (as far as I know...), and I actually got someone I have a connection with! Tammy Harper is David McLeod's cousin, and she led worship at UCF while I was there. Kind of random, but fun that we were able to "meet" via this little swap.

So, what did I send, you ask?


My favorites (I cannot for the life of me get that silly picture to turn! I know how to do it, it just will not turn...):
  • a deck of cards (we had 9 in our house!)- I love playing games!
  • 3 of my favorite desserts (this, this and some peanut butter cookies from Better Homes & Gardens)
  • a photo of my family (of course, my favorite favorite)
  • original ChapStick
  • a spool of cute ribbon
  • fabric covered buttons
  • a $1 picture frame (I love frames AND things that cost $1)
  • post it notes
  • Wint-o-green mints
The whole thing was supposed to cost less than $10 (including shipping), and I managed to stay well under that! The only things I bought were the buttons and the ribbon- the rest I had around my house!

What's even better...


I got to see Blair!

I drove through Nashville on my way to Memphis on Sunday, and we met up before dinner. I love this girl (and wish we lived in the same town). When I left, I realized that we didn't sit down and have to chit chat for a bit before we got to the real conversation. We dove right in to the things on our hearts- like we see each other all of the time.

I talked here about my group of best camp buds, and I'm seriously ready for a reunion. It still amazes me that God wove our lives together just so. Blair, you just get me! What a blessing you are!

1 comment:

Blair McLeod said...

i went on an on about how great it was to see you to about everyone who would listen! thanks for your sweet post. and thats too funny about Tammy... I didn't even think about y'all possibly having a connection! i'm sure she'll love her parcel! I just got mine today and will hopefully blog it soon... your picture of us turned out cuter than mine!