Friday, January 1, 2010

pass or fail?

In planning our goals for 2009, David suggested that we each read 12 books. Now, we have quite a discrepancy about how that goal-setting session actually went down, but David doesn't blog, so you get my version of the story :).

But seriously, he suggested it.

The thing is, David hates reading. I love reading.

Growing up, I read constantly. I had all of the ingredients of my conditioner memorized because I read the bottle every day. I had a book with me at all times so I would never be without something to read.

So, needless to say, I was thrilled that he wanted to beef up his reading time.

Now we're at the end of the year, and here are the totals.
drumroll please....

Emily= 32 books
David= 1.3ish books

However, (and this is a direct quote from David Geyer) when you get married, you are no longer an "I", you are a "team". Thus, our team goal was to read 24 books, and we have surpassed our goal by 4.3ish.

So there you go, we pass.

(I usually don't keep track of the books I read, but because it was one of our goals, I did this year. In case you were curious, here they are:)

Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone, J.K. Rowling
Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets, J.K. Rowling
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban, J.K. Rowling
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, J.K. Rowling
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, J.K. Rowling
Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, J.K. Rowling
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows , J.K. Rowling
Chasing Fireflies, Charles Martin
The Dead Don't Dance, Charles Martin
Crazy Love: Overwhelmed by a Relentless God, Francis Chan
Same Kind of Different As Me: A Modern-Day Slave, an International Art Dealer, and the Unlikely Woman Who Bound Them Together, Ron Hall and Denver Moore
Belly Laughs, Jenny McCarthy
Baby Laughs, Jenny McCarthy
Feminine Appeal, Carolyn Mahaney
Eat, Pray, Love: One Woman's Search for Everything Across Italy, India and Indonesia, Elizabeth Gilbert
Ya-Yas in Bloom: A Novel, Rebecca Wells
The Horse and His Boy, C.S. Lewis
The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe, C.S. Lewis
The Magicians Nephew, C.S. Lewis
Prince Caspian, C.S. Lewis
The Voyage of the Dawn Treader, C.S. Lewis
Fireflies in December, Jennifer Erin Valent
A Long Way Gone: Memoirs of a Boy Soldier, Ishmael Beah
Angels & Demons, Dan Brown
The Mermaid Chair, Sue Monk Kidd
Girls in Trucks, Katie Crouch
Sister of My Heart: A Novel, Chitra Banerjee Divakaruni
Three Weeks with my Brother, Nicholas Sparks and Micah Sparks
So, You Want To Be Like Christ?: Eight Essentials to Get You There, Charles R. Swindoll
The Christmas Box, Richard Paul Evans
Where the River Ends, Charles Martin
At First Sight, Nicholas Sparks

(11,211 pages total)

1 comment:

Becca Rocha said...

awesome! now tell me what you remember from each book:) heehee