Friday, January 22, 2010

week end thoughts

I'm mimicking Melissa's post today, because it works with where I am.

a few thoughts from this week...
  • Cancer sucks, but it is so good to be reminded that God's goodness is not contingent upon anything. God is no less good when things don't seem to go our way.
  • Sometimes you just need a good cry... in front of total strangers.
  • Lynn Bryant is more than just a mom- she's a great friend, business woman and encourager.
  • God's Littlest Angels is an organization worth supporting and these pictures make me want to go.
  • I'm excited about sending Valentine treats to my far-away loved ones.
  • Wrestling should be banned as a high school sport. Seriously? Singlets on adolescent boys? It must have been invented as a means of torture.
  • We have a good, good puppy that we're glad to have home! He's no human baby, but he sure is a good next-best-thing for us right now.
  • One of the things I love most about my husband is his thoughtfulness. Exhibit A) He offered to tutor Hayden in math (and is SO excited about t). Exhibit B) He suggested we have a celebratory dinner for Keith's new job. And he's cooking. (I emailed him with this comment, "you always cook when the Rochas come over and I'm embarrassed..." and he responded with, "I like making dinner and letting you play with Kate and Becca. It is my way of serving you!" love. him.)
  • I'm leaving Sunday for 2 1/2 days at a conference in Memphis, and next Friday for a long weekend in New York City with my siblings!
  • I considered not going because I'm seriously going to miss David.
  • and Harley.
  • Somehow a teeny tiny mole can cause all kinds of raucous... and it is hard to make myself sleep on my right side when I always sleep on the left.
Whew. Sorry for the randomness... thanks for checking in.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i agree with you so much about cancer, and am so thankful God's goodness and grace is unchanging. we are praying with you for the engels family and know your church is in major support mode right now.

new york city! what fun! hope you have a blast!

also, i have two of your books, both of which i adored, and definitely have meant to get back to you for a long time. thank you for letting me borrow them and know that they're in my car and i'll bring them to you soon!

hope your skin feels better soon.
<><

Rebecca Cash said...

Love you Em. Thinking of you a lot lately!