Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Rhineharts, pt. 1

You've heard me mention the Rhineharts before. I met Craig and Denise when I was a skinny twirp in the 7th grade. I thought she was cool right away, and I asked her to be my "mentor" for confirmation. We became fast friends, and it was no dumb luck that we were paired together. In the years to follow, I would experience many things she had already been through: both of our dads have had battles with prostate cancer, both of our moms have Multiple Sclerosis, and I followed her path to Samford University.  The year I met the Rhineharts, they had their first baby boy, Parker, and I was his first babysitter (I was 12, the age he is now!). I continued to babysit for their family as Wesley and Amy Grace were also added over the years. I was kind of a social misfit through high school, but Craig and Denise took me in. I spent many-a-nights hanging out with them long after my babysitting duties were complete. I became Craig's special education project because of my lack of music knowledge. The Rhineharts have been one of the most consistent and wonderful parts of my life (besides my own familia, of course) for 12 whole years now.
I love them like they are my own.

Fortunately, they've adopted David into their circle of family lovin' too. When we started dating, the boys thought he was awesome because he would let them climb all over him and play whatever they wanted. Over the years, we've all continued to make spending a time together a priority, and have loved growing closer together- even though distance has separated us.

So, here are some pictures just from the past few years of togetherness. These are just the ones I had on my computer, though I know we have pictures going back 12 years! I'll have to find some to scan and share.

Summer, 2004


August, 2005





 September- October, 2005



Easter, 2006


April, 2006




May, 2006 (AG's 3rd birthday- modeling my gift to her!)


October, 2006


December, 2006


Easter, 2007


October, 2007



August, 2008 (such a horribly organized picture... makes me so sad!)


The Rhinharts have been a part of every major event of my life (starting with confirmation), so of course our wedding was no exception. They threw us a fabulous Entertainment Shower (such a great idea!! we ate off of gift cards for more than a year after our wedding!) before our wedding, and Amy Grace was one of our flower girls!


Another special part of our wedding was that I wore the Denise's sixpence in my shoe. That tradition completes the "something old, something new, something borrowed, something blue, and a sixpence in your shoe" ritual. She wore the same one to her wedding.

So why the Rhinehart-lovin'?? They came to visit us last weekend!
Stay tuned for Rhineharts, pt. 2...

1 comment:

denise said...

There are so many of these pics I haven't seen before! And some of them that you should remove because I don't look good...LOL! I love the ones from the wedding. And all the blasts from the past. Good times.

It's amazing to see a photo history of our friendship. We are so awed by the person you've become and we love David, too. {hugs}