Tuesday, February 14, 2012

week 40- it's GO time!

 
Every prayer I had been praying (even the selfish, petty ones) was answered when I went to the doctor today! I am 3cm dilated and 60% effaced, so these contractions have been doing something! I'm at -1 station (or however you say that... the baby is really low) and ready to go. My blood pressure was higher than it has ever been throughout my pregnancy and my amniotic fluid was low, so Dr. B said he really didn't want me to wait another week before having this kiddo. The low fluid level basically means the placenta is maxed out, so he really ought not get any larger (fine by me!). I so didn't want to have to make the decision to induce or when, so having these additional factors come into play was actually a huge blessing. We decided to aim for tomorrow, and the hospital scheduled us to come in tonight at midnight. Ah!! We're six hours away from the beginning of this whole process! I'm actually still having lots of contractions, so I'm hopeful that I'll be even more progressed by the time we get all checked in.

I left the doctor and started making calls and sending text messages. My parents and sister will meet us at the hospital (yes, in the middle of the night!), and David's mom is coming tomorrow! We'll be busy face timing my brother and the Johnsons, and all the other family members who aren't here will have to get phone calls and text pictures. 

After the doctor, I went to Target and walked around with my head in the clouds. I probably looked lost and so confused, but I just could not focus! I saw a friend from church and word vomited out our news! I couldn't contain myself. I almost told complete strangers that I was going have a baby tomorrow. 

I came home and tried to get some stuff done. Fortunately, I had mopped the kitchen before I left for the doctor, so I only had a few things left to accomplish. After David told his boss the plan, she was so sweet and sent him home early to rest and get ready! We both took naps this afternoon, and we just got back from eating a romantic Valentine's Day dinner at Jet's Pizza :). Speaking of Valentine's Day (because I keep forgetting that's what today is), David totally outdid himself:

please excuse the ridiculously chubby fingers! ew!

This ring is a green amethyst (who knew such a thing existed?!), which is the birthstone for February. Granted, I did pick it out and email him not-so-subtle hints that I would really, really like it :). He still totally surprised me!

What a day. 
What a day tomorrow will be!

HUGE updates to come! Crawford is on his way!

3 comments:

Blake and Mallory Thompson said...

Praying for you!! Best wishes. Can't wait to hear news of Crawfords arrival!

Anonymous said...

wow! the first day of the rest of your lives with a BABY!!! a BABY!!!! ahhhh, i remember those days. your life is about to change in a most magnificent and exciting and joyful way! praying things go smoothly for you and can't wait to hear (see) the words, "he's here!" xo

Anna said...

Congratulations! I am so excited for you two I remember how excited I was to have Jonathan (and Jj and Katie and Lita) and then how great it was when David was born. I am sure Cathy and Beth will keep me informed. Praying for you tonight~ and even now!