Tuesday, January 4, 2011

a Chattanooga Christmas... sort of

Christmas morning was surprisingly normal. I had never been away from my family on Christmas Eve or morning, so I was expecting it to be weird and uncomfortable. Of course it wasn't because I was at home and with David! We woke up early, played with the dog in the snow (well, he played...), then woke Andy up to "do" Christmas. My family always reads the Christmas story from Luke 2 before opening any gifts, so we started the day that way too.
Since we weren't doing gifts for my family, we did gifts for Andy! It was so much fun to just give gifts this year. We loved having Andy here, as always.

After everyone arrived safely, our Christmas celebration began!
We decided not to do presents this year because honestly, none of us need anything. Ashley and I felt like Greg (who actually does need things) was getting jipped on this, so we both (independant of one another!) got him something that he was wanting (I got him these). I did however, sneak a gift into David's stocking, but it is kind of a gift for both of us. Per Becca & Keith's recommendation, I bought this lens (actually, I had my sister buy it and I just paid her back today :) ), and stuffed it in the bottom of his stocking. For the first time EVER he was totally shocked. It was fun!

Harley really lucked out this Christmas. He was supposed to be home alone for a while with neighbors and friends stopping by to take him on a walk. Instead, he got more attention than he ever gets!

Mom got us all pjs (like usual), but this year they came accompanied with awesome Christmas vacation tshirts.

Night one: David made his famous shredded beef and mashed potatoes. Our house is totally not condusive to large groups of people eating together (which makes me really sad- this is a TOP priority for our next house) but we improvised and it worked (which makes me happy- we'll survive).


Later Christmas night, the Johnsons arrived! They had planned to spend the night at our house on their way to Sanibel for the week, but they hadn't planned on us being there :). It was such a treat to be with Brianna when she opened her presents from us. We've never gotten to do that before, and she is such a joy. Plus, David did all her Christmas shopping and he loves her! He got her a movie, some paints and the best- Justin Beiber (aka Beaver) pjs!
matching dimples. Greg looks JUST like my dad did at his age.


such a cute picture of my mom!


All in all, it was a nice Christmas. We were a little crammed and kinda stir crazy, but the good news is- we're going to Columbus this weekend so we'll get to see everyone again!

More pictures here.

No comments: