Thursday, March 11, 2010

gettin' hitched

Courtney is like my sister. She and Ashley have been BEST friends since pre-school.

She came to celebrate with us when we got engaged.
She helped a ton with our wedding events.
She graciously handed out programs and served our wedding guests.
She came to visit after we were settled.

...and this is just some recent stuff!

Of all my pre-David friends, the Getkins have become some of David's favorites. They love him like they love me, and that is like family.

We've gotten to know Jonathan over the past couple of years, and we could not be more excited for them to be GETTING MARRIED!!

Jonathan a) surprised Courtney with a trip to New York City over the weekend (her spring break) and b) asked her to marry him in Central Park.

My sister texted all of us to share the exciting news and Courtney called me moments later. I just cried with joy for them!

Here's the text message ring picture we got! The diamond is from her grandmother's ring that she always wears (Jonathan had to do some sneaky work to get it off her hand!). It is so special!

They have the whole thing on video (way to go J!), so hopefully I'll share that when they get back. 

 Marriage is the best gift ever, and y'all are going to be so blessed as husband and wife. We love you guys, and we are praying for you as you begin this journey together!

No comments: