Monday, August 18, 2008

Life is Good

Yes, yes it is. What an amazing August it has been! I've been putting off writing this post all day because I have no idea where to even begin! I should have been blogging all of last week just to stay caught up, but I refrained (though I did change my name and status on facebook... hey, we had internet in our room... no crime committed). If I wrote out in paragraph form everything amazing and wonderful that has taken place recently, it would be a book- a book that would be boring and you wouldn't read it. So, alas, I resort to my favorite punctuation... the beloved bullet points:
  • I finished up my time at work on Tuesday (August 5... yikes that was a long time ago) and went into full-out wedding mode. I don't remember everything about Wednesday (again, it's been a while), but I do remember that it included a pretty hefty trip to Sam's and Andy & my fam arriving in town. And- Ash and Court made aprox a babillion buckeyes. Proof:










Thursday was great. God showed up in so many unexpected ways and we were so thankful! We were able to completely set up the church and the reception hall a day early, which made the whole weekend a bazillion times less stressful. Oh, and my family (including Courtney) was wonderful. More proof:


Ok, the formatting on this blog is driving me bananas, so forgive me if from here on out it looks like poo.
  • Thursday night was awesome. We had a ton of little girls and big girls at our house for the honeymoon shower where Ashley surprised me with the fact that David and I were to go to MEXICO for our honeymoon!! The Mexican-themed shower was just perfect and it was so, so much fun to spend time with everyone.
  • I think I'm going to run out of words for how wonderful everything was that weekend. Forgive my redundancy, but Friday was wonderful!! The fact that the weather was beyond perfect was a gift from God. We had a blob-loving group out at CVP for the morning and it was a blast!! We sufficiently wore everyone out, and only hurt a few... Casey, Mattearley, Andy (so, the best man had a black eye... no big deal). It was an awesome day spent at our very favorite place. I think we'll have some great pictures turn up from that morning. Those of you who took a ton- send them to me :)
  • Friday evening was also wonderful. We were so thankful for David's mom and everything she did to organize the dinner. We had bbq, hot dogs & hamburgers at Coolidge Park. It was the most beautiful night so everyone got to play outside and enjoy the outdoors! It was so fun greeting people as they trickled into town, and it made me really thankful to have that time with folks. Highlight: my dad's side of the family came! Grandma Elizabeth, Aunt Annie, Uncle Phil, cousins Felicity, Claire and James rented an RV and drove from Richmond, VA. It was SOOO special for them to be there! Another picture (that I stole from Claire's facebook):

  • And, that picture nicely seg ways into my next topic: WEDDING DAY! Saturday was perfect. Absolutely perfect. I was so unnaturally calm because it was so good and right to know that David and I were directly in the center of God's will for us. All of the plans were done, the jobs were delegated (again, I cannot say THANK YOU enough) and the time had finally come to marry my best friend. It was the best day of my life! There are tons more pictures to come, but our fabulous friend and photographer, Laine Williams, shared a few with me already, and I'll give you a "David-and-Emily-classic" sneak peak:

We only wish we had more time to spend with each of you wonderful friends and family members who blessed us by being there. Hopefully you'll all come back and visit us in Chattanooga soon!!
Join me next time and I post about our fabulous Mexican honeymoon! (I would do it now, but there's no way I'm getting another picture on this blog without going crazy)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I mean, I'm not saying that I'm crying right now, but looking at pictures of you in your dress makes me tear up. SERIOUSLY - what is that about?! :) Love you friend.

Anonymous said...

beautifully hilariously fun and awesome picture! your photographer did a great job.

ps- after about 5 blogs with frustrations with how the pictures worked, i decided to start adding the pictures before I added the words to the blog. it makes it SO much easier!
<><