Monday, August 25, 2008

It's raining men

Ok, so it's not actually raining men, but it is raining. I realized as I drove to work this morning that today is the first time it has rained since David and I have been married. The reason this is noteworthy is because the rain makes me desperately want to be home cuddled up in a blanket, watching a good movie with my husband! It's still really fun to call him that :).
Sorry I have become a bad blogger! I was talking to Becca last night about how I've kind of become a blog snob... I don't really want to post anything at all if it isn't exciting news, a momentous event, or at least if there aren't pictures associated. I think I've gotten spoiled because I have had lots of all of the above lately- which have made for a good blog! Regardless, I am thankful, so, so thankful, that life is slowing down a little bit.
So, in thinking about it, I don't really have any new news. However, David does, so it makes sense that I'll share his:
  • David started grad school at UTC last week for his MBA, and he seems to think the class shouldn't be too bad. Also, it's great that Jason is in his class so they can hang out (or at least sit next to each other). Since he's just taking one class right now he only has to go on Monday nights, and that is a good thing!

  • David is getting a group of guys together to start meeting together as a Bible study. He's gotten jealous of the "Newcleus" and taken matters into his own hands :). They are meeting tomorrow night at the Rocha's and hopefully we'll all be able to meet at the same time.

  • David is 23! Saturday was his birthday and it was a really nice day. We didn't do anything special- mostly because we are "celebrated" out. My birthday is tomorrow and I'll honestly be ok if everyone forgets about it. I did make David his favorite- banana pudding- and we watched John Bryant play football at Baylor. David had a good day, and that was the important thing!

I am so proud of David, and so thrilled to be his wife! It's been so much fun getting to know him better over the past two weeks, and we love being roommates! He is my bestest good friend and I'm so blessed. And, while we're on the topic of David... check him out in his grilling attire:

What a stud! And a good grill master, I must admit.

In other news... our bedding arrived! After debating back and forth about so many different bedding options, my sister finally helped me decide (go figure, Ashley helped me make a decision) on this lovely set:


We love it, and it's so nice to have our home coming all together!

Ok, that's all for now... thanks for tuning in :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i love the bedding you decided on. it's great. and yes, tomorrow is going to rock. i need to blog but want to wait until i also have good pictures to add. haha. see you soon!
<><

Becca Rocha said...

i loooooooove this bedding. i would steal it if it didn't have your initials on it:)