Tuesday, August 5, 2008

brimming over

What a Monday! Ashley and Courtney got in town Sunday night and we maximized our time that night! I kept them up till the wee hours of the morning just talking because I was so excited to have company- and help with wedding stuff! Unfortunately, the late night and early morning combo didn't really work out for me... I was a pile of bad mood and hormones all morning yesterday. However, my wonderful co-workers threw us a surprise shower!! It was SO sweet of everyone in my office (Development) and the Alumni office and University Relations! Unfortunately (again), I was suffering the whole time from a ridiculous migraine that caused me to excuse myself twice due to my nausea. I think I played it off pretty well during the shower, but I was feeling bad. My boss could tell I was in a bad way and she sent me home after the shower stuff wrapped up. I was SOO thankful!! I got a good nap in and was able to get a lot of productive things done at the house. Ash & Court were running errands all evening and David took Matt Pirkle with him to run even more errands, so it was nice to have a little bit of quiet time to myself before the mayhem ensues. Yesterday I was stressed and overwhelmed, but it's amazing what a good night's sleep can do! I am ready to GO! I'm soo excited about this week- and everyone that will be here to help celebrate it. God is so good.

Here are some pictures from our surprise shower at UTC:




























I'm looking rough... but it was so nice.

PS- check out Denise's blog (where I stole the title of this post from) and this super sweet post about our flower girl, Amy Grace practicing for the big day! That first picture is going in a frame, for sure!

No comments: