Tuesday, February 23, 2010

"What's your name?" "Mary Shelton" "Happy Birthday, Rachel!"

We spent the weekend in one of our favorite places- Birmingham- with some of our favorite people- Ashley & the Bryants!

Friday night was Step Sing. Though I am pretty obsessed with the whole thing, this year's performance was quite a disappointment. Independant Ladies were particularly ... bad, which was sad for me.
HayHay spent Friday night with us, and we love having her as our baby sis for family events like this.

The results were...
3rd Place- Phi Mu
2nd place- Pi Kappa Phi
(an awesome show!)
SWEEPSTAKES- Dudes-A-Plenty!
YAY for Independants rocking the Step Sing Sweepstakes (2005- DAP, 2006- IL, 2007- DAP, 2008- not really sure?, 2009- DAP got 2nd, 2010- DAP)!



In case you haven't watched this one yet, check out the best Step Sing show of all time:


And... while I'm posting random things about Step Sing, I thought I'd share this gem I found:

It's me and my friend, Lanie Beth at Step Sing... '06 maybe? We definitely haven't kept in touch, but I recently started reading her fabulous blog! She is just wonderful.

So, back to the weekend...Ashley has a new baby! Kensie Jo (Kensington= the part of London they lived in, Joyce= Jenn's mom who found her) is Harley's new best friend. They had so much fun together. Harley loves everyone, but the feeling isn't always mutual... This time, it was! He is still catching up on his rest from the hours of play time they had together.

I lost the picture of me and Kristen, Jamie and  Kara, but that's ok because I look like a whale in it. But man, it was so good to catch up with these friends. There is something irreplaceable about friends who know you so well. I am so looking forward to our next reunion weekend in April for Abby's wedding!

Saturday night we celebrated Mary Shelton's 20th birthday at the Cheesecake Factory (our favorite place)!
We had so much fun with all of the Bryants + friends.


...the beautiful birthday girl!!
The two hour wait made for a late night on the road Saturday, but it was totally worth it to spend the beautiful weekend in the 'ham.

No comments: