Thursday, February 4, 2010

K.I.S.S.

I heard a sermon once that was unfortunately titled "K.I.S.S.- Keep It Simple, Stupid". Though it is a horrible theme for a sermon, it needs to become a theme in my life. Cory noted that Real Simple suggests that seven is "the maximum number of tasks that should be on a daily to-do list to avoid mental overflow." So, here's my list of 7 to dos (I'm going to assign them to the whole weekend though):
  1. clean out junky plastic cups from kitchen cabinets
  2. organize guest bedroom (aka- find bed)
  3. go to the grocery and Hobby Lobby
  4. read [more of] the awesome book I borrowed from Charles
  5. put together Valentine packages (which should actually be 3 steps because I still need to make two of the components of the packages)
  6. attempt to prevent mailbox theivery (a neighbor saw someone in a green Toyota Tacmoa stealing something from our mailbox yesterday... who does that??)
  7. make art for guest bedroom
Hopefully I can make some headway during this rainy evening I have ahead of me...

2 comments:

The Hangs said...

thats kind of funny.
in mary kay land the saying is "Keep it simple, sweetie." :) that's a little better. :)

PSIrwin said...

FYI, that is a federal offense! (sorry, my political science degree talking!) but seriously, I hope they get caught! I'm sure there is good stuff in your mailbox!
second, do you already have ideas for guest room art? i have ideas if you need help! i work at hobby lobby you know...you better come see me!