Thursday, February 11, 2010

a good reminder.

In debating (with myself) about what to put above the bed in our guest room #2, I asked (myself) the question "what do I want to communicate with this...?". I am not very artsy, thus I don't readily appreciate much art. I do, however, appreciate home decor with meaning and purpose.

I was inspired by this idea (I never come up with ideas on my own! they are always "borrowed" from more creative people) to spell a word over the bed.

Fortunately, Hayden was here to help! She is always such a good helper.



After considering many different options for hanging,  Hayden helped me decide to use these sticky strips so the letters would be flat against the wall.


Blessed be the Lord, the God of Israel, from everlasting to everlasting! And let all the people say, “Amen!” Praise the Lord!
Psalm 106:48

Blessed is he who comes in the name of the Lord! We bless you from the house of the Lord.
Psalm 118:26
 
Therefore the Lord waits to be gracious to you, and therefore he exalts himself to show mercy to you. For the Lord is a God of justice; blessed are all those who wait for him.
Isaiah 30:18

The righteous who walks in his integrity— blessed are his children after him! Proverbs 20:7
 
Her children rise up and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praises her: Proverbs 31:28
 
Blessed be the Lord God of Israel, for he has visited and redeemed his people Luke 1:68
 
But he said, “Blessed rather are those who hear the word of God and keep it!” Luke 11:28
 
Jesus said to him, “Have you believed because you have seen me? Blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed.” John 20:29
 
In all things I have shown you that by working hard in this way we must help the weak and remember the words of the Lord Jesus, how he himself said, ‘It is more blessed to give than to receive.’” Acts 20:35
 
Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all comfort, 2 Corinthians 1:3
 
Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us in Christ with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places,Ephesians 1:3

But even if you should suffer for righteousness' sake, you will be blessed. Have no fear of them, nor be troubled, 1 Peter 3:14

4 comments:

The Hangs said...

SOOOOO CUTE!! Love it!

SarahKL said...

This looks awesome, Em! What a cute idea!

Tamara said...

great idea!

denise said...

It looks fabulous! I love this idea. I think the sanded look is really cool. You did a great job. :)