Thursday, April 9, 2009

one of these things is not like the other

So, instead of cleaning and doing the things I really needed to do last night to get ready for our Easter company (the Johnsons are coming TONIGHT and the Geyers tomorrow!! We are SO excited!!), I had a little bit of baking fun.


I started out with this...
...and a little bit of this...

...and one helpful [dirty] doggy...
...and some egg[ish] shaped balls of cake+frosting...
...and the result was...
... these!
My inspiration for these "cake balls" came from Pioneer Woman, who got the idea from Bakerella. Unfortunately, mine are ridiculously embarrassing comparatively speaking (and just in general I suppose). Seriously, see what these are supposed to look like??
Apparently I'm not the baker I'd like to be.
And yes, Sarah, obviously I still have your camera. I'm taking notes from the Somalian pirates and holding it hostage, just not in the Indian Ocean.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

those look so fun! i am so proud of you! I think we could all get together and make lots of different kinds and figure out a way to master those things!
<><

Anonymous said...

I LOOOOOOVE IT!!! How adorable!! And please, don't worry about keeping my camera. I may come get it from you Saturday if possible... what is the ransom?

PSIrwin said...

oh my gosh...i am going to try to chicks tomorrow when i am off work. now you will think i copied you! :) i told chad yesterday that we had a "cooking project" for tomorrow but failed to mention the whole cute chicken part. we will see. i will post pics of our results!

Kristin said...

I would totally eat those! I think yours are better anyways...it's the thought that counts, right? What a fun thing to do though :)

with love, Emily said...

Those look great, Emily!!!! I made brownies that I found on Bakerella's site and they were mighty delicious!!

PSIrwin said...

lol. i am sure i am not going to show you up...i was just warning chad that I might get frustrated when they don't turn out looking like the ones that Bakerella make because we all know she has TONS of experience! :)