Sunday, April 12, 2009

Christ is risen!

Happy Easter!!
It's winding to an end, but the celebration is unending!

This was my first year in over a decade to not attend the sunrise service at Pierce Chapel with my family, but it's OK because it's time for new traditions. Plus, the message last year was titled "Keep It Simple Stupid", and well I think we got more out of the opening prayer this year. I didn't particularly miss waking up before the crack of dawn to sit wrapped in a blanket in the parking lot, but I did miss the donuts that follow! In all seriousness, it was strange (but SO good) to be singing worship songs rather than hymns (and I definitley missed my family), yet I couldn't help but hum this old favorite first thing this morning:

He lives! He lives! Christ Jesus lives today. He walks with me and talks with me along life's narrow way. He lives! He lives! Salvation to impart. You ask me how I know he lives- he liiiiives within my heart.

In it's place though, we sang: "Christ has died and Christ is risen. Christ will come again." We rocked it out and worshipped with great intensity because, well... Christ has RISEN! Christ will come again! There is no greater news to proclaim.

No comments: