Monday, November 10, 2008

weekend recap

I'm going to quit the small talk and cut to the chase- another fabulous weekend! Here we go:

Friday
Crazy day. Our office spent the day setting up for our UTC Campaign Launch event. It was a gala dinner and it was wonderful. The day was long and tiresome (physically and mentally...), but I got an unexpected break in the afternoon which made all the difference in the world. The event went beautifully and David and I enjoyed mingling with the guests. We didn't take any pictures ourselves, but we had a photographer take (really awkward) (prom) pictures of all of the guests. Forgive the flash spot... I just wanted you to see our prom photo:

Saturday
SLEEP. Oh it was so good to sleep in! We made it until almost 9 and it was glorious. We finally got up, made breakfast and quickly took a nap. Perfect Saturday morning. When I finally hauled my lazy self off the couch, I got to work being crafty. We are spending Christmas with my fam in Columbus (I cannot wait!!), so David needs a stocking. Rather than buying him some cheapo cheesy one, I decided to copy a cute one I saw at Charlotte's Web. The shape is a little off, but other than that it turned out really well. I still need to do his name across the top, but I have some time:

Saturday evening we had a real treat since Kara and Ryan Hamilton were in town! It was SO good to see them and catch up. We hung out at the beautiful Branches (an amazing family-owned property at the bottom of the back of Signal Mtn.), walked around, listened to the band (featuring none other than the infamous Cliffton Charles Cook- the blue hooded man) and played Jenga! It was so fun!


After we left Branches, we made it just in time for Brandon Hudson's birthday party. It was good to see our friends and celebrate his birthday!

Sunday
Lately Sundays have been a source of stress for the Geyer household. I know- not what Sundays should be be like! However, as we venture through this "church shopping" process, David and I find ourselves so anxious to be settled in a home church. The problem is- there are SO many great churches in Chattanooga - with GREAT friends and worship and teaching and fellowship, etc. - that we've struggled with knowing how to choose one. Yesterday we revisited (only for the 2nd time) Calvary Chapel. Overall, it was such a huge time of affirmation for us. We were there a little early, so we sat in an empty row, but by the time the service started we were sitting in between Patrick Miles (who I work with) and Becca's awesome sister Jessica Power, in front of the Spillmans and behind this random guy who we sat by last week at Northshore. It wasn't that huge of a deal, other than we felt so at home. Additionally, after the service we spotted some old EKU friends of David's (who I've hung out with too) who are Chattanooga residents now. Ben and Andrea Lamb have been in Chattanooga (and at Calvary) for about 4 years now and they are in the process of raising support to go on staff with Campus Crusade at UTC. It was amazing how the Lord orchestrated our reconnecting yesterday! We ended up enjoying lunch together and coming back to our house to hang out some more! They are an amazing, Godly couple who we are really excited about spending more time with in the near future.

By the time we got settled down, it was close to dinner time! We spent the evening clipping coupons (that will likely expire before we use them), watching Extreme Makeover- Home Edition, and starting to watch The Green Mile. Mostly though, we just enjoyed one another's company. Honestly, that was the best part of the entire weekend. David and I had a blast with each other all weekend! Not that we don't every day, but this weekend was especially fun and carefree. We laughed a ton- I didn't want it to end.

1 comment:

Rebecca Cash said...

Reading the last few sentences of your Blog brought tears to my eyes. I am SO thankful that God put you and Geyer in eachother's life. It makes me so happy :-) Love you!