Tuesday, September 16, 2008

things I've made

I wish I had eloquence and wittiness to offer, but all I bring today is yet another list. Like I mentioned in the previous post, I have a quite a few blog topics to catch up on. So, here are all of the recent blog-worthy things that can be categorized as "things I've made" as of late.

1. Onezies for Kate- I stole the idea from my good friend Laine, and made iron-on onzies for baby Kate. David helped a ton and we really had a fun time. They turned out pretty well :)



*notice the one on the far right- it says "Emily and David love me" :)


*I love this one with her monogram on it!

2. Messy food. It has been officially determined that I am incapable of making ANY food without simultaneously making a huge mess. Here is evidence that I can't even make a waffle in a spill-proof manner. It doesn't really work out well for David when I pull the "I cleaned so you cook" line.


3. Wedding shadow box. Don't let the picture below confuse you- I did not make the Bryant children. However, while I was watching the UTC football game from the Chancellor's box and Kevin and Lynn were at a Young Life banquet, David had Patrick, John and Hayden over to hang out. They ordered pizza and watched a movie and had a blast. When I got home from the game I solicited their help with a project I had wanted to complete and it turned out pretty well! John and Hayden both had some great ideas and it made it much more fun!


You can't see it really well, but this is what all is in it: the handkerchief was a gift from my mom that has our names and wedding date and the lace is from my great great Aunt Louise's wedding dress (who I was named after), the red roses and the flower petals are from when David proposed, our invitation of course, my bouquet and David's boutonniere, there is brown fabric wrapped around the sides and the roses that is from the bridesmaids dresses and the tie on my bouquet is made from my mom & grandmother's wedding dress (my mom wore her mom's dress), Aunt Louise's dress and my great grandmother's wedding dress.

2 comments:

Melissa said...

good for you, friend! i love getting a peek into your new married life. and i am super proud of you making dinner!

i am SO bad about checking facebook and i am sorry that i forgot to email you back about the wedding dress website. it may be way too late now, but for what it's worth, here's the site...

pearlsplace.com

i had a really good experience with them and even ordered all of my bridesmaid dresses here, too. way cheaper! the one thing i would suggest though, is if she is buying a fancier dress that needs complicated alterations, make sure she has a good tailor because obviously you can't get the dress altered from here if you buy it online. otherwise, it is a great route.

love you!

Becca Rocha said...

your waffles are awesome, and your onesies are even better:)