Monday, September 22, 2008

Monday already?

Where did this weekend go?

Friday we went to the UTC Step Show and didn't last long. The performances didn't leave much to the imagination, let's just put it that way. Five acts was more than enough, so we caught the tail end of the Baylor football game. We have really enjoyed spending time with Dr. and Mrs. Mosier (Lynn Bryant's parents) at all of their grand kids' sporting events. Dr. M loves to talk to David about the stock market and Mrs. Mosier loves just chatting. Since I've never had grandparents and David is far away from his now, it's been special having some adopted ones :).

Saturday was nice. I helped set up for the Homecoming Tailgate and it didn't take long at all, which was such a treat! I was even able to meet David, Patrick, Kevin and the Mosiers for lunch at Panera after Patty's cross country meet. I think I enjoyed lunch more than anyone because Dr. Mosier and I spent the entire time talking about UTC/UT/the UT system and fundraising in general. Everyone else was falling asleep.
While David watched hours of football, I spent some quality time with my new iPod nano. My old iPod broke so I got a new one for my birthday, but I waited for the new generation so I just got it last week. It's red and everything.

It's wonderful and a great motivator to start running again. Plus the weather has been so beautiful, it's kind of a disgrace to not be outside all of the time. I'm definitely enjoying it. Saturday evening we saw The Traitor with none other than the Rochas! The company was great, the movie was fine. It was well-done and all that jazz, but it definitely made me really sad. It's about terrorism and it had a very good ending, but the reality of it was a little frightening.

I spent yesterday helping Becca clean up and out and make over a room in her basement into a fabulous craft room. We had every intention to take before and after pictures and that just didn't happen. Take my word for it- it looks great :). After dinner with Becca and Keith (and Kate- who's room is coming together very nicely because she will be here in 3 1/2 weeks!!) we headed home and almost straight to bed! We are SO excited about going to Birmingham this weekend, but we aren't so excited about working to make up for our days off on Friday. We are working 10 hour days Monday through Thursday, which means getting in at 7am. It's only a 30 minute difference, but man it matters when it is pitch black outside! I've been struggling to stay awake today... but fortunately I brought my iPod along to keep me company :). I'm usually not the type to name my inanimate objects, but Melissa's post today is about her toaster named Lorelei and I'm kind of liking it. Kara's iPod in college was Lily (Lily Pad... Lily Pod... iPod... it made sense at the time, ok?) and I'd love your help naming mine! I'm Dorky McDorkerton (yeah, that's for you, Shelb) but play along just this once and I'll leave you all alone.
PS- the name-the-iPod challenge is also just a ploy to get you to comment so I know who actually reads this thing!

5 comments:

Kristin said...

First of all, I totally read your blog, and I understand wanting to know who reads your blog because now that I'm a blogger, I'm in the same curious position as to who reads my blog! haha
And no, you're not a dork for naming your iPod because I named mine too. His name is Valentino (since I got it as a Valentine's Day gift, lame, I know.)
Not that I'm doing much help because I haven't thought of a name for you iPod yet, but I'll let you know if I have a revelation. lol

Anonymous said...

Okay, so here are my thoughts. I started with several goofy ideas.. then my mind moved to the fact that you were waiting to run until you got it, and who knows what kind of shoes you have but I thought of ASICS running shoes, which turned into Ace, which makes me think of Rory's nickname on Gilmore Girls. Ace. That's my pick. :)

Rebecca Cash said...

Hey Em! I am sorry to say I have no ideas for your ipod name but I do want to say that Matt and I would love to go out to eat with you friday before the game! I am getting so excited about seeing you and hopefully other people as well. Love you!

anna c. said...

omg you are so popular! you already have 3 comments on here-- which means there's a whole sea of people out there reading that just don't comment! feel special :) as for the name, go with something completely random, like Marge, or Harriet, or Glen, or Dory... (which makes me think of finding nemo which makes me think of her reading "escape"... and music for me at least is sometimes an escape from the busy-ness of life...), or Roger... (cause we all know you want to run in a nice neighborhood like Mr. Rogers.) hahaha, I'm probably no help here, but that gives you at least 5 more to throw in the mix :) love you!

Becca Rocha said...

how about Becca...that way every time you use it, you think of me:)