Monday, April 16, 2012

[two months]

You're gonna miss this
You're gonna want this back
You're gonna wish these days
Hadn't gone by so fast

These are some good times
So take a good look around
You may not know it now
But you're gonna miss this

This song by Trace Adkins has been running through my head since you were born. Especially during that middle of the night feeding (that is pretty much a thing of the past now... my good little sleeper!), I've heard these lyrics reminding me to enjoy every moment. And boy have I!

One month:
Height- 20in
Weight- 8 lbs. 9 oz.

Two months:

Height- 23in
Weight- 11 lbs.


















At two months, little boy, you...
  • are quite the little chatterbox. We carry on conversations with you all day long.
  • have a growing strawberry hemangioma on your right temple. Dr. Brannon says it's nothing to worry about!
  • are so sweet in the mornings! That's when we get your best smiles and sweetest cuddles. The weekends are best because Daddy gets to enjoy them too.
  • have sun sneezes like your mommy and Aunt Duck!
  • smile! I love that you see and respond to us, and it's often with a smile. You especially love your daddy.
  • think your tongue is a pretty cool toy. You push it in and out, you suck on your hand and you still LOVE your paci.
  • are a good little traveler. Seriously, people I've been around are calling you wonder baby. You spent ALL day Friday and Saturday out and about, and you didn't cry one time. Not once. I fed you at a track meet and a tennis match last week, and I changed your diaper even more places. I love that you like to get out of the house and do fun things with our friends. So do mommy and daddy!
  • have very busy legs. You kick and kick and kick and your whole body squirms around.
  • keep on scratching your face. It looked like you got in a cat fight for a few days there. I tear off all of your fingernails, but somehow you manage to dig in and make your sad little face bleed. Break my heart.
  • are still a champ sleeper. You go to bed around 10pm and sleep for 7-8 hours. I've been working on setting up a regular nap time, and if I swaddle you and put you in your crib (upstairs!) you'll sleep for hours. Otherwise you just take cat naps throughout the day.
  • are the most pleasant, loving, wonderful baby we could ever ask for!

No comments: