Saturday, April 21, 2012

first road trip

This past week Crawford and I took our first road trip together. He was a trooper, and a great little travel buddy. I wanted to go visit my parents in Columbus during the week for the first time so we could take our time and be flexible to Crawford's schedule for the driving parts (rather than rushed after David gets off work Friday, etc.). We left right after his doctor's appointment Monday morning, and he did a good bit of sleeping on the ride down. I knew I would need to stop to feed and change him, and I made a few other quick stops to reinsert his paci. He did a great job! Especially considering that he had his first shots and took Tylenol for the first time, he was a champ. 

We LOVED spending time with my mom and dad. It was so nice to have them all to ourselves, and I think they enjoyed having their grand baby on their turf :)

This child never lacks for attention, but especially not with these grandparents nearby!

I mean, seriously.

Bella was SO interested in the little man. 

C got LOTS of good Grandy* snuggle time in. Dad loves to nap and cuddle, and coincidentally those are two of Crawford's favorite pastimes. 

We had lots of sweet people to visit while we were in Columbus. We went to see LaVerne and Miss Mary at their houses and Courtney came over to our house. The little man was a hit, and such a sweet boy everywhere we went. He can sleep anywhere!

Miss Mary's hands! They've seen and done a lot in her 91 years of living. 

We hung out with the Rhineharts one evening, and it was so fun. I took lots of pictures there, so I'll share the rest in a separate post.

On our last morning in Columbus, we visited Wai-Po** at work. Everyone had heard about our little man, so she was excited to introduce him around. 

*Grand Andy
**Chinese for "mother of the mother". My grandma grew up as a missionary kid in China, and my mom considers that a big part of her heritage!

No comments: