Sunday, March 4, 2012

stream of consciousness







Dear Crawford,

My thoughts are still pretty scattered, but there are so many things about your little life that I want to remember right now! 

Last night you slept for a 5.5 hour stretch. It was awesome.

Today we made our first family outing (where we all got out of the car together). We went to the Country Club for Hayden's birthday lunch, and you slept in your car seat the whole time! We all kept peeking in on you to make sure you were fine, and you were just perfect.

You pretty much only have wet diapers at night, and that makes my life so much easier.

I guess I haven't updated since your 2-week doctor visit... oops! You weigh 7 lbs, 4 oz! A whole pound ahead of schedule, little buddy! Mommy was SO proud. You had a clogged tear duct, but it's pretty much all better now. Your lips have been super blistered from sucking so hard (hence the pound of weight gain, I guess), and I'm glad they are getting better because they made me sad.

I'm feeding you every two hours (on just one breast per feeding, which is so nice!), and you are a fast eater. It usually only takes us about ten minutes per feeding. I started pumping this week, and it's kind of like a game for me to see how much milk I can store up for the future. I can't wait for daddy to give you a bottle!

Speaking of daddy, he's pretty great with you. He is totally independent and can take care of everything you need other than food. Even when you get really fussy, he's great at calming you down! He has taken total diaper duty during the weekend, since I'm changing lots during the week. He calls you "son" all the time, and it melts my heart. I'm so thankful he's your daddy.

You're wearing out a handful of preemie and smallish newborn-size outfits. I think we'll be moving you into regular newborn-size stuff soon. 

Oh, the paci. We love that thing. We've discovered that if we catch you before a total meltdown (and we can usually tell when it's coming), you'll suck on it and stay totally content. Plus, I've read that taking a paci reduces the risk of SIDS, so I'm all for it! 

That's all for now. 

You're awesome, Crawford boy. Thanks for making our lives a million times better!

Love, 
Mommy

1 comment:

Hannah said...

i love reading all this. so much. i get giddy every time there's a new post. love your new family!