Thursday, April 28, 2011

keep praying

What a day! Our storms started about 9am and the rest of the day was a bust. The University sent everyone home by 1pm, and I spent the rest of the afternoon (in the dark) cuddled up with Harley reading this book (it was great!) and eating Sour Patch Watermelons.

hanging out with Harley in the bathroom while the worst part was blowing through- I was so thankful to have my little buddy!

The (vacant) house next door... this happens every time it rains, so this really isn't storm specific. This is only after the first round of storms. It nearly cleared the retaining wall (~2 feet) by the end of the day.

Harley and I sat in the car to charge my phone and listen to the radio on and off all night. I hate being out of touch and unaware, so I was texting and checking facebook on my phone constantly.

We are totally fine. The storms that hit the Chattanooga area (even Ringgold) are nothing compared to the devastation in Alabama. As far as I know, all of our friends and family are safe, and we are so thankful. Unfortunately, lots and lots of people and their families are not as lucky. Please keep praying for the people affected by these horrible storms.

No comments: