Monday, April 25, 2011

Easter Saturday

We celebrated Easter* with church Saturday night, but our day was full of productivity. David tackled a few big yard and outside house projects, and I helped some too :). 
Finished product! Tada!
I know it may not look like much, but we/David mowed the lawn, moved our two scraggly rose bushes to the back yard, replanted the three bushes on the right of the porch to be evenly spaced, planted three more bushes on the left to make the porch symmetrical, added 5 shrubs under the garage windows (so eventually we will have a hedge there), spread new mulch (27 bags!), hung new ferns and planted "window box" flowers (those 2 were my jobs) and pressure washed the gutters (and the entire back porch- me again). I'm seriously excited that this area is right on target with my vision for it since we moved in. I'm definitely impaired when it comes to yard/garden/landscaping stuff, but David did a fabulous job!

I was productive on the craft/home front. My favorite project were these cute zippered pouches. I used a combo of this tutorial and this tutorial to make them waterproof for cloth diapers as a baby gift. I was excited to learn how to sew zippers- this was my first time! Oh, and they cost next to nothing to make (shhh). I got a slew of zippers at a yard sale last year, I used fabric from my stash, and I used a dollar store shower curtain liner ($4). I have enough shower curtain for about a zillion more bags, so there are likely many more of these in my near future!

*We celebrate Easter every day as we worship our risen Lord. At least, we strive to.

No comments: