Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Easter Sunday

Sunday morning started with a grueling (for me, simple for D) 10 mile run. I'm having shoe issues, but knowing that our race is this weekend and that I'm going to be cutting back on running (distance wise) afterwards, I can't justify new shoes... Regardless, it was a sweet time of worship as I listened to my Hillsong United Pandora station and thought about Easter morning two thousand years ago. Wow! We sang this song at church, and I've been playing it on repeat this week:

When I made it back to the car, David was waiting for me with a surprise. I was (and always am) craving a smoothie SO badly, and David had already gone to McDonalds and gotten them for us (yes, he is that much faster than me)! Added bonus: they were free because he had to wait too long!

After running, we made it home to shower, fix some food and head out to the lake. The Bryants included us in their family Easter celebration, and we really had a great day. I still can't believe how thoughtful they are to have adopted us into their family! We are so blessed.

We spent the afternoon eating, playing a few intense (and at times, heated) volleyball games and lounging by the water. It was a perfect day to celebrate

MA found an egg that had a cricket inside! ha!

No comments: