Monday, April 12, 2010

doing it.

I just registered for the Music City Sprint Triathlon!

So far, this is how my "training" has been...

swim on Mondays, and that is consistently good. I really look forward to that each week, and my endurance is picking up. I swim at UTC, but I'm really looking forward to the water being up at the lake and doing all of my swimming out there. It will be much more similar to the actual race, since it is in the Cumberland River.

I don't have a bike. That's all.

I run most days with the dog. I have to walk him, and now that it is nice outside I figure we ought to run. Well, that stinks. He is a horrible running buddy, and for some reason my feet always feel like they are full of lead when I run near our house. We usually accomplish about a mile before I give up and he poops out. I planned all last week to go for a good "long" run on Saturday morning before we got started with our day. Well, wouldn't ya know... I ran 7 miles! It was so... fun! I never think running is fun, but I seriously had such a great time! This never happens, folks. I was jamming out to my ipod and relishing the cool morning weather.

So there ya have it. I'm doing a triathlon. We'll see how this goes!

PS- Blair is doing it with me! She is doing a half marathon in a few weeks, so she's miles (literally) ahead of me in the running division, but she doesn't have a bike either :).

3 comments:

Blair McLeod said...

love it! although you forgot to mention that in addition to not having a bike that I also don't know how to swim!! i remain very nervous about that!... if only i could run on water i would be set.

SarahKL said...

That's so awesome, Em! Your 7-mile fun run gives me hope that maybe at SOME POINT I could enjoy running. :) I meant to tell you Friday that Missy is going to be running in the race too! I think she's doing the half? Anyway - good luck! You'll do great!

PSIrwin said...

chad says to tell you that you can borrow his bike if it fits you. it is a road bike and he's done a couple of races on it so...i guess it works? :)