Tuesday, December 31, 2013

glorious end to 2013

My sister says this story will be worth reliving one day, so I'm recording it here:

David's grandparents were in town tonight (passing through in their RV on the way to spend three months in Florida!), and we were finishing up our version of New Years dinner: pizza and Mexican food. I put a pizza-covered Crawford in the bathtub and tried to get some laundry put away and the bed made with clean sheets. He was playing nicely until I heard a needy "mommmmmy! Mommmmmy!" I ran in to find him pooping in the tub. It hadn't all come out so I grabbed him and put him on the toilet. David had run in by this point and was intervening with bathtub poop eradication, etc. Sadly I didn't realize some poo had escaped between tub and toilet... And I stepped in it (in my UGG slippers) and tracked it all over the bathroom. PLUS, I still hadn't actually washed him so I had to put him in the shower (cue wailing and gnashing of teeth). 

When we finished the shower, Lawson was freaking out with Grammy Rae so I traded her one naked, towel-wrapped (still had poo on him, it turned out) Crawford for the hysterical baby. David was tending to the bleach situation.

We all went to bed early. 

Happy New year!

No comments: