Sunday, December 15, 2013

22 months



Crawford, at 22 months old you:















































  • do the "Crawford dance", which I need to video...
  • watch more tv than I care to admit.  Thomas, actually. And this Elmo/Usher ABC song video (that I happen to love. too bad there isn't a "repeat" button on YouTube…)
  • love your soft blanket ("spanket"), "special treat" (super watered down Gatorade), coloring, the mechanical ride-on toys at the mall (that I never ever pay for), playing with play doh and eating "honey sandwich".
  • say "all fall down"and "hold you".
  • go to gymnastics. Holy headache. We really do need to do it so you can learn to wait in line and take turns and follow instructions, but I want to quit. 
  • are SO stubborn and strong willed. If you don't get what you want exactly when you want it, a total meltdown ensues. Funny story: We were at the mall (Just to eat a cookies and play at the playground. I don't take two kids to the mall and expect to actually get anything done.), and you insisted on getting out of the stroller. I got you out and for some total unknown reason you LOST YOUR MIND. Like, tears streaming down your face and screaming like a banshee. While I was trying to talk you off the ledge a sweet, precious angel who worked at the Honeybaked Ham kiosk came over and calmed you down by giving you a few small pieces of candy. She said she has two boys and knows what it is like, and I wanted to hug her.
  • try your darndest to jump. It's hilarious.
  • pray "Dear God, thank you for Lawson." ALL the time. Always at meal times and bedtime, but I've heard you say it at other random points throughout the day. Melts my heart (because I do think you mean it! You love your brother.).
  • answer lots of questions by saying "God." Haha… We ask you "Who loves you?" a lot, and since you know the answer to that is God I guess you've assumed it is also the correct answer to how old you are, etc.
  • say "ask Daddy" if I tell you no to something you want to do. Sometimes it works that Daddy lets you when Mommy doesn't… nice.
  • always want to sit in my lap while I'm nursing, which is sweet but incredibly challenging.
  • don't really "get" anything about Christmas, but you think "Kimas teats" are the most fabulous things ever. We've been talking a lot about Jesus and his birthday, but it isn't sticking yet. You do love your Little People nativity.
  • love Ashy and Uncle Bull more than anyone.


I have to tell you, I'll be glad to stop these monthly posts in two months :). Dear Lawson and any other future Geyer children, you'll be lucky to get a full year of monthly updates. Even though you sometimes make me want to move to a deserted island, I love you more than you can imagine!

No comments: