Monday, November 11, 2013

quick trip to B'ham

Lawson and I went on our first overnight (he went to Atlanta with me and Ashley a few weeks ago for a baby shower one day) road trip this weekend. One of my college roommates, Jen, was getting married so it was a great opportunity to see lots of my college pals and to introduce them all to Lawson. He was a DREAM the entire time. When we got to town Saturday we did some shopping with Jamie. She is due TOMORROW, and I was so hoping she would go into labor while I was in town so I could meet that sweet Lambaby! It was special to spend time with her during these last few pre-baby days. Saturday night was dinner and shower for Jen's bachelorette party (Lawson's first and hopefully only event of the kind). It was a special night to love on Jen and shower her with gifts, advice, prayers and memories. Lawson and I stayed with the Hamiltons, and we got some great quality time with Kara and Benjamin. Sunday morning we sat in bed with our baby boys for several hours, and it was the most special time! I love sharing this season of life with some of my best friends (for TEN years now!!). I hung out with the girls while they got ready for a bit, then Lawson and I met up with Ashley and a friend who were house shopping in town for the day (for the friend, not Ash!). Jamie and I made it to the wedding on time (early, even! miracle of all miracles for me with baby) and enjoyed watching Jen and Andy tie the knot. The reception was a great chance for me to catch up with a handful of college buds, and it made me so glad I made the weekend trek. Driving home was no fun, but Lawson was PERFECT both ways. Seriously, I couldn't have asked for him to behave any better than he did! I missed my big boys at home, but I am so thankful I was able to be there for such a special weekend.

My shopping buddy

He is SO cute.


Dinner at El Barrio. I probably shouldn't have brought a [7 week old] baby. Oh well. Everyone was so sweet to him!


Kris with Benjamin, Jen with Lawson


These two! Holding hands! Not staged!

Sweet time together. Just like the old days… except with babies :). It's even more fun now!

He is just too much. I want to kiss those cheeks all day long.

Wedding time with the 40 week pregnant lady!

My date



She's next to get married! Can't wait for March!

Our little Currie Way fam. I have so much love for these friends!

While I was at the wedding, David was pushing C in the UTC SVO Veterans' Day 5K. And, he killed it! He ran it in 21:28! Go D!

No comments: