Thursday, September 19, 2013

birthdays, belated

This post is ridiculously overdue.

David's birthday is August 23, the twins are the 24th, mine is the 26th and my sister's is the 27th. I'm pretty used to birthday chaos since Ashley and I grew up sharing a birthday celebration, but adding David to the mix- and the fact that our anniversary is August 9- makes it that much more overwhelming. 

Let's be honest, I don't do overwhelming well

So basically we do/did nothing for our celebrations.

Ashley and Chase kept Crawford for our anniversary, but I ended up being sick so we got takeout and stayed home. We decided our "gifts" to each other would be the dining room. After all, the traditional five year anniversary gift is wood. Totally fitting!

Here's a recap of our birthdays in photos:

1. David
Crawford and I went to gymnastics, took selfies and put them on Instagram. Duh!

doctor appointment to see Lawson (hey, at least he got to leave work early!)

dinner as a family at Las Margaritas (actually was really enjoyable- Crawford was great at a restaurant for once!)

2. Me

Ash took the day off work and we met her at Chester Frost park. I was grumpy, but it worked out beautifully! Literally. It was a gorgeous day, Crawford was a DREAM, and it was exactly what I needed. 





I share a birthday with our sweet buddy Ben who has moved back to Germany but was in town for a few weeks over his second birthday! We spent our evening with our friends and kids eating some good ol' German brats (the best!) and celebrating Ben!

3. Ashley

Crawford and I dropped off balloons, cupcakes and a card at the facility where Ashley has a meeting on Tuesday mornings, and she was so surprised and excited to find them waiting on her. And clearly, I instagrammed a birthday wish from C.





For our actual birthday celebration we got a babysitter and went out to a nice dinner with the Wrights and the Collins. I look bloated and huge, but we had such a nice time together!

No comments: