Wednesday, September 11, 2013

36 weeks

We're in the homestretch. The one month countdown until Lawson's due date. I can hardly believe we are this close to having two little boys, and yet I've been dreaming about it for so long! With Crawford I never felt that "so ready to not be pregnant" feeling, but boy do I now :). I really can't complain, though. I am large and uncomfortable but that is part of growing a baby. Crawford is the real challenge. He is just busy. He likes to be super active, including running away from me and fighting me on most things. It just takes a toll on my already weary body. I'm way ready to turn over the reigns when David gets home every night. And can I just say... he (David) is wonderful. He loves playing with Crawford so much that he never complains about being on "Crawford duty" for the evenings. They play in the yard until they are both sweaty and gross and exhausted. It is a total joy to watch (and not have to participate). I pray they always like to hang out as much as they do now.


Pregnancy notes:

  • In spite of the heat, I haven't been very swollen. I'm still wearing my wedding rings most of the time!
  • My doctor checked me this week and I haven't started dilating at all yet, which is fine.
  • My tailbone hurts a lot. Boo.
  • I am a never-ending pit of hunger. I eat non-stop. Some favorites lately have been cheese and crackers, apples with peanut butter and... ice cream.

Recent highlights:

  • Crawford somehow timed his pooping for almost two straight weeks to when David was home to change it! Hallelujah! 
  • Nights I only get up two times to pee.
  • LOTS of fun play dates and outings. Literally every day we have something fun to do with fun sweet friends.
  • Maternity/18mo pictures with Becca. Can't wait to see them!
Things I'm looking forward to:
  • Date night on Friday. Ash & Chase asked if Crawford could have a slumber party with them (yeah, they are the bomb), so we're excited to go out!
  • Girls' night out/shower for Lawson in a few weeks. My friends are the sweetest.
  • More consignment sales! I love this time of year. We don't need much, but I'm trying to plan ahead. I'm on the lookout for a few things to introduce to Crawford to distract him during these upcoming weeks of transition and get his Christmas taken care of.

Things I'm loving:

  • new pots & pans (you know you're officially old when...). I asked for Bed, Bath & Beyond gift cards and used my birthday money to get this set, and I LOVE them.  
  • my Chaco flip flops (similar to these) that I bought practically brand new off the mom's resell page (actually from one of my good friends :)) for $15. 
  • the mom's resell page. I'm a purging machine. 
  • Instagram. Still. Duh.



No comments: