Thursday, March 10, 2011

random list of things I love

  1. Nicknames. I love that my brother exclusively calls me "Emmie". David (and Casey Hewlett) almost always calls me "Emmie Lou". Co-workers call me "Lou". Ellen Weisman calls David "Davy". Camp friends call me "BourkE" and David just "Geyer". Monty calls me BourkE too... nice segway to #2.
  2. Spending time with Monty Hogewood. The SoCon tournament was a great excuse to get to see Monty three separate times which included occasions for one lunch date, one game spent with Connie and one Samford Women's Championship! He is the best professional development I could have, plus he has become such a dear friend (and always a source of comedic relief).
  3. Falling asleep to the sound of rain pounding on the roof. There has to be an upside to this crummy weather...
  4. Calvary Chapel Chattanooga, and especially my Deeper group. Sadly, this study ended last night, but man was it good. I LOVE these girls, and this group was the biggest blessing to me.
  5. Spiritual revelation. I've struggled (for years now) with understanding how God cares about the desires of our hearts and wants us to present our requests to Him, but all the while He has a plan that is divine... so what do I pray for?? Priscilla Shirer (love her!) finally reconciled my confusion about this by suggesting that we pray "God, do what I have asked OR do something better!". God's plan for us is always better.
  6. One more spiritual revelation. Even if Jesus just came to the earth and died on the cross for our sins, and never gave us one more good thing in our life... wouldn't that be enough?! We are so undeserving of our salvation, not to mention all the ways he continually blesses us.
  7. Knowing that I am going to see my parents next weekend. I've been missing them a lot lately (#2 especially makes me miss my dad! He and Monty are cut from the same cloth =))
  8. Preparations for and celebrations of all the babies that are on their way! Lots of crafts, shopping and planning taking place these days. Plus, my sweet cousin Sarah (D&D's oldest) just gave birth to beautiful Sienna Lacy Buckley this week.

1 comment:

Rebecca Cash said...

I love #5. That is exactly what I am struggling with right now and I LOVE that perspective. That is what I will start praying for.