Friday, March 25, 2011

finally

I'm so glad it is finally Friday.

My friend Hannah Pechan texted me a couple weeks ago and said "I'm so glad you blog. It says that life is worth recording. I love that." I was totally convicted because I actually haven't been doing a good job of recording life these days. This post is going to be a total hodgepodge of thoughts and recent happenings.

I've been doing a lot of running lately, which is great (and getting better every day), but really wearing me out. Five or six miles after a full day of work makes me ready for bed super early (I'm a wimp). David was sick last week, and although I escaped the crud, I definitely have felt worn down this week. Tuesday night I went to bed at 8:30 (!) and then decided against church on Wednesday night (sorry Paula!). A few things that made me happy this week:

  • I had a luncheon to kick off our annual Faculty Staff Campaign, and I included a couple Student Foundation members. I'm LOVING working with students again - I had really missed that from Samford - and these boys didn't disappoint. After the luncheon, I was tickled pink to see this on facebook "Andrew Clark -Emily Geyer was a Development rockstar at today's Campaign luncheon! So glad to know her! What a great Mocs staff member!" It warmed the cockles of my heart.
  • Patrick and Hayden went on spring break with Young Life this week, but John has been hanging at home. David invited him over for dinner, and since it's always rare to have one-on-one time with any of the Bryant kids it is extra special. I called David on the way home (after running) and asked if we had any ice cream and his response was "John Bryant is coming for dinner. Of course I stopped to get ice cream." Love that man
  • BYU has a basketball player named Jimmer.
  • The next week or so is nutty. I leave on Monday to spend the week in Kansas City, and when I get back the Earleys will be here! David is out-of-his-mind excited. He keeps making plans for what we'll eat and where we'll go. I realized how old we have gotten last night when David was so excited to show me the newest picture of Savannah that Matt texted him. She's so big!
  • Another realization of how old I am came last week... UTC was on spring break, and I was so excited for good parking. Wow. Lame.
Sorry for the random, boring post, but life is worth recording regardless :).

1 comment:

SarahKL said...

I passed you when you were running yesterday! I was getting off the bridge on to Fraiser to meet some friends for dinner and saw you running towards the bridge. I wasn't quick enough to honk though.

And THEN when I was at dinner, Becca, Keith, KJ and Belinda came to meet some friends! It was so funny to randomly see both of you within the span of an hour. :)