Thursday, July 17, 2008

We have a home!

What a crazy couple of days! We finally closed on the house on Tuesday, but it was... well, just crazy. The inspector failed us because the first step in the flight of stairs was 1/4" too tall... seriously?! So, since we didn't have the inspection, they wouldn't turn on our power. Awesome. We closed any way, and we ended up getting power yesterday (Wednesday) late afternoon. Fortunately (again) we have amazing friends who helped us relentlessly (in the heat) all evening on Tuesday. Seriously, it was impressive how much work got done in a few short hours. MS and Becca unloaded the whole kitchen, the boys (Raynolds, Keith, Mark Jenkins, Kevin, John & Patrick Bryant) kicked butt moving all of the heavy stuff and putting the beds together. Then we all ate pizza. It was such a good night- minus the heat and no lights- but it flat wore me out! Then, I spent yesterday unpacking about a bagillion boxes and starting to make our house look like a home. Fortunately the power came on in time for the cable guy to do his thing, so by the end of the day we had lights, AC, cable, Internet and phone! It was such a blessing!
Now, for some new pics of the place... remember, work in progress... we moved in yesterday...



Dad, you'll be proud to know that the flag was a priority right away! Does it look too low on the post?


Living room chaos. BUT- notice David's new baby! Thanks to everyone who ever gave him Best Buy gift cards :). They paid off!

Guest room ready for guests! We can't wait for David's family to come tomorrow night!


Other side of the guest room... curtains laying on the floor.


And the office/other extra room. Again, there's still more stuff to do!

I forgot to take a picture of the master, but I'll work on getting some more up later. I'm sorry for people who are tired of seeing pictures of our house! I know our families appreciate the update though :). We wish you all were here (ASH!!!).

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

AHHHH!!! I can't WAIT to see it in person!! You've already done SO much with it! The living room is AMAZING! :) You guys are such a blessing and I get even more excited with each "concrete" thing that keeps you in Chattanooga!! I will call you soon!

Blair McLeod said...

I cannot believe how much you have gotten done already!!!- what are you like the flash woman or something?! looks great. I am jealous.

lyndsay said...

found you! i've loved getting to see you the past few weeks! it must not stop. we live in the same neighborhood, afterall. well, basically. :) :) :)

anbourke said...

Seriously. I can't stand it not being there. That is why I am coming next week even if it isn't for longer than 24 hours...I mean, gas is only $4 a gallon. ha. It looks great so far!

Becca Rocha said...

yaaaay! love your adorable house.

and i took your advice and posted on my blog. happy?

:)