Monday, July 7, 2008

Why can't every weekend be 3 days??

Alright, I've resigned myself to the reality that I will only post on this blog on weekdays, and only when I have something exciting to talk about (or at least pictures to show). We had a fabulous long weekend! Mostly because it was long. Thursday was great because David got off work 2 hours early and got to hang out with me at work (which made him really happy to be carpooling to work... yeah right)! We enjoyed a restful evening at the Jenkins', but David mostly slept. Here he is napping on the porch (before his nap on the couch):

And really I'm not a stalker, walking around taking pictures of him sleeping... I just thought about how wonderful it is to a) take a nap and b) have a screened in porch to do it on! We are both very excited about many naps on our porch to come :).

The 4th of July was an equally fabulous day. We joined the Jenkins' brood for the annual Signal Mountain parade, and it was awesome. Laney and Ellie were IN the parade and they were rock stars! Afterwards, we went out to the Jenkins' (Mark's parents) house on the lake in Soddy. Though the jet ski only ran about 1.375 mph, it was awesome! We played with the kids, met the whole fam and went on a sweet boat ride around the lake. It was SO great of them to include us in their family festivities (Sorry I don't have any pictures... Shelby does though).

That night, David and I watched the fireworks from the Signal Mountain Country Club. It was SO fun! Sarah was supposed to join us, but got sick again :(. We missed you!


We had an awesome treat on Saturday because my parents came into town! David and I spent the morning with some friends and then met up w/ my 'rents for a few hours. It was really good to see them- especially since it was the last time we'll see them until the week of the wedding! Ah! Plus, we had a cool opportunity just to talk. And eat at Sticky Fingers. Good times were had by all.

Sunday started with us taking advantage of two things: 1. we are new to this city, so we can pretend to be tourists every now and then and 2. David got free passes to the Incline Railway. So, since David had never been, we rode the Incline Railway!


It was really cool! I don't really remember doing this, since I haven't been since a family vaca when I was probably 12, so it was fun for both of us. He also got passes to Ruby Falls and Rock City, so we're looking forward to more tourist outings in the near future!

Last night, I joined the club and had a migraine. (I even threw up, Pukey.) It was miserable. But, David loves me so much and he took such good care of me. Plus, it helped that I live with a doc and a fellow migraine sufferer. What am I going to do when this communal living ends?! But seriously, it was horrible, but I'm over it. It was probably induced by my sunbathing and no food combo for the day (PS- Becca, we totally went to your pool yesterday! It was incredible!). Now I know!!

And now... I'm back at work. David is back at work. And Ashley & Courtney are on their way to Uncle Powell's. Boo work!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

incline= awesome, especially at the top when you feel like you're going to fall out and die but you don't. AWESOME.
<><

Becca Rocha said...

i'm glad someone was getting some use out of the pool:) but i'm sorry it was possibly the cause of your migraine...sheesh. it's all fun and games until someone gets a migraine!