Thursday, August 15, 2013

18 months - 1.5 years!

If it is even possible, I think the past six months went by quicker than the first 12. It is hard to believe that you are halfway through your second year of life!









Crawford, at 18 months you:
  • are a little pistol. If you don't get your way, you pitch a fit. This happens a lot during the day when you want a snack ("nack"), and you stand in front of the pantry trying to pry it open with your fingers. Other common causes of your tantrums are: me not giving you your lovey ("wuby") and/or binkie ("bb"), not letting you go outside, not letting you play with your balls/basketball goal when we're getting in the car and you see them, pretty much anything you want to do that I don't let you.
  • are very independent (see #1). You want to eat anything with a spoon all by yourself (and you're doing a great job with it!), you typically want to be wherever I am not (ie- I'm in the kitchen, you're in the living room; I'm in the play room, you're in the guest room...), and you try to put your shoes on by yourself (quite unsuccessfully).
  • think your new (to you) basketball goal is about the greatest thing ever. Even though you can't do ANYTHING with it...

  • are cutting your bottom incisors (teeth #13 and 14), and they literally are the worst ones so far. They are bothering you all day long, and it's so pitiful to watch! 
  • can shoot the basketball into your hoop (we raised it a notch) very efficiently. Like, it freaks me out how good you are. You shoot from feet away - and often one handed (left hand) - and make it. Most of the time. It is amazing to me.
  • went on your first tube ride and jet ski ride at the lake, but weren't very thrilled by either one. 
  • loved watching Daddy play soccer. Like, you wanted to be on the field with him most of the time. You would clap and yell gibberish at them, which was adorable. About half of the game was always spent in peace sitting together on the sidelines, while the other half was a battle of wills while you stole other people's balls, tried to run on the field and otherwise defied my every word.
  • like to do silly things like walk with your hands behind your back, your eyes closed or backwards. 
  • love to hide - even if that just means covering your eyes, which I assume means you think we can't see you. It's adorable. You do that a lot when I'm disciplining you (less adorable).
  • say "ABC", point one finger when I ask how old you are (but say something that sounds like "two"), know lots of body parts and continue to amaze me with the things you learn every day.
 -- LOTS of videos this month because I finally cleaned them off my phone :) -- 














No comments: